Querying and scoring models¶
Scoring can be incredibly useful to an organization, including the following “real world” examples:
- By financial institutions, to determine the level of risk that a loan applicant represents.
- By debt collectors, to predict the likelihood of a debtor to repay their debt.
- By marketers, to predict the likelihood of a subscriber list member to respond to a campaign.
- By retailers, to determine the probability of a customer to purchase a product.
A scoring engine calculates predictions or makes recommendataion based on your model. A model’s score is computed based on the model and query operators used:
- Boolean queries—specify a formula
- Vector space queries—support free text queries (with no query operators necesssarily connecting them)
- Wildcard queries—match any pattern
Using an external scoring engine
Advanced scoring techniques used in machine learning algorithms can automatically update models with new data gathered. If you have an external scoring engine that you prefer to use on your models, you can do so within Anaconda Enterprise.